Bureau of Silly Ideas
The ultimate mechanical entertainment mayhem, animated street entertainers and screet scenes.
Sidney the Bin and Nancy la Poubelle
Two radio-controlled wheely bins. Unless you have first hand experience of this surreal phenomenon it is hard to explain the power and the impact the performing bins have. They are frequently asked to return and perform again having travelled the world. If people ever work out the how and the where they can find the Boffins two slimy disgusting looking engineers from the bowels of an electronics shop that have created these bionic bins and take them out to terrorise and amaze the local populace. Maybe this is the way to attract girls?
• The Menagerie is an ever increasing herd of radio controlled street furniture - members love to perform individually or as part of the herd.
• Featuring Sid and Nancy the Wheelie Bins, Barry the Porta-loo, John the Road Cone and Gladys & Annabel the potted plants.
• Normally dependable roadside furniture takes on a life of its own, surprising and delighting passers-by.
• Perfect for adding fun to any event and for raising awareness of specific issues such as care for the environment, recycling and road safety.
Fred the performing Christmas tree is getting ready... He is practicing his dance moves, polishing his baubles, limbering his branches and prepAring for another season of confessions and carols. Last year he helped parents realise what had really happened to the cat, their money and the siblings. He also tripped the light fantastic with some world champion ball room dancers.
• Shirt or Squirt:
o Two riders compete in an endurance cycle challenge.
o Competitors generate electricity which powers the fans and water pumps.
o The first to empty the tank sees, the yellow shirt, the loser gets a little squirt!
• Pedal Powered Pineapple:
o Take a fruity ride - kids and adults alike can drive this exotic machine.
o Seats up to 8 children or 5 adults - It's Pineappletastic!
o BOSi pedal rides come with character operators to round up participants.
Performance and installation based on street works and street furniture. Making magic out of the mundane, the following can be combined to create a bespoke spectacle.
• The Hole Job: Proving blood is thicker than tarmac, this high flying, acrobatic farce continues to stun, wow and amaze audiences around the globe. Available in different scales to suit your event.
• The High Job: Be amazed as workers transform into beautiful trapeze artists, answering the age old question ' How many aerialists does it take to change a light bulb? Available in different scales, mini-GRAND!
• Light Works: Installations to animate streetworks with lights, water and wonder! Available on different scales to suit your event.
The Fear Maker:
• A digger is an ADIPS certified childrens fun-fair ride!
• Two children can ride together - it lifts, it spins, it makes you scream!
• Fear levels are measured by the "Fear-O-Meter"
• Costumed characters monitor the fear collection and entertain the crowds.
• Are you brave enough to book it!
BBC Radio 4